BACK TO TOP
Last Updated: 10/02/2022 Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance
- Notice relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the "Ordinance")
- Skechers Hong Kong Limited (the “Company” or “Skechers”) respects personal data and is committed to fully implementing and complying with the data protection principles and all relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance ("the Ordinance") . This Policy is applicable to VIP of Skechers (“VIP”), “SKECHERS PLUS” Application, Skechers official site (www.skechers.com.hk) as well as any other persons that their personal data is collected, by whatever means, used and held by the Company. If you are unable or unwilling to provide such personal data, Skechers Hong Kong may not be able to process your membership application or provide or continue to provide the services, products and privileges in our official site and VIP Program to you.
- The Company will collect, use and save your name, date of birth, email address, telephone number, transaction and bonus record. The Company may automatically collect certain information, including but not limited to, (a) the use of your location data when providing Location search services; (b) the international mobile equipment identification code when providing important information and notices; (c) communication messages are recorded for future reference (iv) Cookie when using computer/ mobile phone or electronic device application or browser to understand your usage habits. You may provide us with your personal data at your own will.
A. Processing your application for the VIP Program membership;
B. Processing your orders and shipment of the goods in your orders
C. Providing you with services, products and privileges under the VIP Program;
D. marketing of services and products offered by Skechers Hong Kong and its holding companies, subsidiaries or affiliated companies ("Skechers Hong Kong Group") and/or persons or entities that are partners of Skechers Hong Kong Group in connection with the VIP Program ("Our Partners");
E. Providing you with selected offers, promotions and benefits from Skechers Hong Kong Group and/or Our Partners that are likely to be of interest to you. Skechers Hong Kong Group and Our Partners may process and analyze your Personal Data to better understand your lifestyle and buying behaviour and characteristics and needs. The result of such analysis may be shared amongst members of Skechers Hong Kong Group and Our Partners;
F. Conducting matching procedure (as defined in the Ordinance) with your Personal Data to produce or verify data for taking actions against you where appropriate or circumstances require;
G. Providing regular communications about the VIP Program;
H. Managing, operating, administering and maintaining the VIP Program;
I. Designing new or improving existing services, products and privileges provided by Skechers Hong Kong Group and/or Our Partners and conducting related research;
J. Investigating customer complaints and suspicious transactions;
K. Preventing or detecting criminal activities;
L. complying with legal, legislative or regulatory requirements to disclose data; and
M. Purposes relating to any of the purposes described above.
Skechers Hong Kong will keep a record of all transactions with you in our course of business for a reasonable period of time for review and verification purposes.
- Your Personal Data held by Skechers Hong Kong will be kept confidential but Skechers Hong Kong may disclose and transfer your Personal Data to any of the members of Skechers Hong Kong Group, Our Partners, agents, contractors, telecommunications service or other service providers engaged by Skechers Hong Kong, any other persons and entities that are under a duty of confidentiality to Skechers Hong Kong and any actual or proposed assignees or transferees of Skechers Hong Kong’s rights or obligations in connection with the VIP Program or its business (whether within Hong Kong or abroad).
- Performance and Analytics cookies We use performance cookies, primarily Google Analytics cookies and Hotjar cookies, to collect information about how users use our website. We collect information such as the part of the webpage clicked, number of webpages visited, length of time of each session, and error messages (if any) with the purpose of improving our website and providing users with a better experience. For more information on Google Analytics, please click here. For additional information on Hotjar, please click here.
- Use of Personal Data in direct marketing
a. Skechers Hong Kong is allowed to use your Personal Data in direct marketing in the following manner:
(i) to use your name, contact details, services and products portfolio information, and lifestyle and buying behavioral information held by Skechers Hong Kong from time to time in direct marketing;
(ii) to market the following classes of services and products offered by Skechers Hong Kong, other members of Skechers Hong Kong Group and/or Our Partners from time to time:
(1) consumer goods; and
(2)footwear, apparels and the accessories
(iii) to provide your Personal Data described in (i) above to any members of Skechers Hong Kong Group and/or Our Partners for their use in direct marketing the classes of services and products described in (ii) above.
b. If you do NOT wish Skechers Hong Kong to use your Personal Data in direct marketing, you can choose not to receive these marketing notifications by contacting our customer service officer through email SHOPCS@SKECHERSHK.COM, quoting your name and membership number, to opt out from direct marketing at any time.
- In order to ensure the correctness of the Members’ personal data, particularly contact details, retained by the Company, you may receive our request of confirmation or verification. You have the right to:
a. check whether Skechers Hong Kong holds any of your Personal Data;
b. request access to your Personal Data held by Skechers Hong Kong;
c. request correction of any Personal Data which is incorrect;
d. ascertain Skechers Hong Kong's policies and practices in relation to personal data; and
e. opt out from receiving direct marketing materials.
- Turning off Collection Tools If you turn off certain Collection Tools, you may not have access to many features that make your experience more efficient and some of our services and features may not function properly. Note that our websites may not recognize or respond to Do Not Track (DNT) headers from web browsers.
- Third Party Tracking We also work with other companies who use tracking technologies to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your interaction with us, including advertising. These companies may not recognize or respond to DNT headers from web browsers. Note that if you opt-out from these third party tracking technologies, you may still see our ads at other websites, but the ads will not be tailored using third party tracking technologies associated with our website.
- If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.